Looking for a simple and easy dinner idea? This Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini is creamy, delicious, and super easy to make in your Instant Pot!
Chicken and noodles is an easy dish to make, but it lacks in flavor, and my kids just weren’t into it. Not only is this chicken tetrazzini super easy to make, but its packed with a creamy delicious flavor even my kids love! Trust me, as a mom with kids, this is one of my go to dishes that everyone loves, and I’m sure your family will too.
What is Chicken Tetrazzini?
We’ve all heard of Chicken and Noodles. Chicken tetrazzini is like grommet chicken and noodles. However, instead of just chicken, noodles, broth, and maybe some veggies, this dish is creamy and cheesy. Made with cream of mushroom soup, sliced mushrooms, and broth, you get more flavor and a heartier meal.
Chicken Tetrazzini Ingredients
The best thing about this recipe is that you won’t have to scour the grocery store looking for ingredients. It’s made with simple ingredients anyone can find. Here’s what you need:
- Chicken: For this recipe, I used boneless skinless chicken breasts. You’ll need to shred the chicken so boneless works best.
- Cream of mushroom soup: You will need 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. This is what gives your chicken tetrazzini its creamy texture.
- Mushrooms: I add additional mushrooms because we all love them. But, if your fam isn’t a fan of them, you can leave the additional ones out.
- Shredded Cheese: I use Monterrey Jack cheese. I mean you just can’t get kids to eat anything without cheesy goodness!
- Noodles: I use spaghetti noodles for my tetrazzini but you can use linguine, or any other noodles you prefer.
These are the main ingredients. You can find exact ingredients in the recipe card at the bottom!
How to Make Chicken Tetrazzini in the Instant Pot
This recipe is so easy to make in your Instant Pot. Just follow the simple directions below for dinner in a jiffy!
Step 1: Cook the Chicken
First, add 1 1/2 of the chicken broth, chicken, onion, salt, and pepper into your inner pot. Then, pressure cook the chicken for 7-9 minutes.
Step 2: Manually Release
Once the chicken is done, manually release the pressure by turning the vent on the lid to the “sealing” position. Remove the Chicken and shred it.
Step 3: Add Ingredients
Next, add the chicken, cream of mushroom, sour cream, mushrooms, remaining broth and pasta (do NOT stir the pasta). Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Manually Release and Add Cheese
Manually release pressure when done. Then, add cheese and mix!
Serve your creamy chicken tetrazzini and enjoy!
How Do I Store Leftover Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini?
Storing this chicken tetrazzini is super easy. I just plop it into a Tupperware bowl with a lid and throw it in the refrigerator. It is good for up to 5 days. When warming it up, you can add a little bit of milk to give it the creamy texture.
Can I Freeze It?
Absolutely! In fact, sometimes I like to make this as part of my freezer meals. Simple place cooled chicken tetrazzini in a freezer ziplock bag. You can store it in your freezer for several months. Add a little chicken broth when reheating to give it it’s texture back.
What Kind of Chicken Do I Need for this Recipe?
For this recipe, I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You will need to shred the chicken, so it is easier if there’s no bones or skin to work through. However, if you don’t have boneless breasts, you could use boneless thighs, chicken tenders, or you could use bone-in chicken if you like. Keep in mind that if you use bone-in chicken, it will be a little more difficult to shred.
Side Dish Recommendations
What I love about this recipe is it’s pretty much a whole meal and I don’t have to add sides unless I want to. If you want to add a side, here’s what I’d recommend:
Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 cans cream of mushroom
- 8 oz of slices mushrooms
- 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 oz of spaghetti noodles
- Add 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth, chicken, onion, salt and pepper to the instant pot. Cook on high pressure for 7-9 minutes. Make sure chicken is full cooked. Manually release pressure when done
- Remove the chicken and shred. Add the chicken, cream of mushroom, sour cream, mushrooms, remaining broth and pasta. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Manually release pressure when done.
- Add cheese and mix.
Other Instant Pot Chicken Recipes to Try
Chicken is so versatile and easy to make in your Instant Pot! Check out some of my other favorite Instant Pot Chicken Recipes, below!
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- French Onion Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Bang Bang Chicken Pasta