Are you in the mood for something delicious tonight for dinner? Skip McDonalds and make these Instant Pot Big Mac Burgers right at home!
If the Big Mac is one of your favorite types of burgers to order from a fast food restaurant, you need this recipe for Instant Pot Big Mac Burgers in your life. You’ll learn how to prepare these flavorful sandwiches at home with ease.
Have you always been a fan of McDonald’s Big Mac burgers? If it’s something you enjoy, learn how to make a copycat version of it that tastes great and is better for you. The Instant Pot Big Mac Burgers recipe is a simple, easy-to-follow recipe that you can prepare in no time.
What Is a Big Mac Burger?
A Big Mac burger is a burger that consists of beef patties on a sesame seed bun with cheese, lettuce, pickles, and a signature sauce. The signature sauce added to the buns has a unique taste that completes it. If you’re looking for a way to mimic that flavor, try this recipe because it doesn’t disappoint.
Instant Pot Big Mac Burger Ingredients
You won’t need too many ingredients to prepare the Instant Pot Big Mac Burgers. These are some of the ingredients you’ll need to have:
- Beef Patties. Make sure you’re using quarter pound beef patties. You can buy them or prepare them from scratch.
- Sesame Seed Buns. Buy soft sesame seed buns from the grocery store for this recipe.
- Dill Pickle Chips. You will need these pickles to add to the bread between your burgers. The brand of the dill pickle chips doesn’t matter, as long as you’re using what you like.
- Thousand Island Dressing. Use this dressing to mimic the sauce added to a signature Big Mac.
The other ingredients you’ll need include yellow mustard, American cheese, shredded lettuce, salt, and pepper.
How to Make Instant Pot Big Mac burgers
Season the beef patties before wrapping them in aluminum foil and adding them to the trivet in your Instant Pot.
Pour a cup of water into the Instant Pot, close it, and then press close on the pressure valve. You’ll need to pressure cook these burgers on high for approximately 10 minutes.
Carefully open the pressure valve to release your burgers and begin assembling your Big Mac Burgers.
Serve your hamburgers with a side of fries or another side, and enjoy!
What Accessories Do I Need for this Recipe?
You’re going to need the Instant Pot, a trivet, and aluminum foil to prepare the Instant Pot Big Mac Burgers. If you aren’t sure what else you’ll need for Instant Pot recipes, check out The Best Instant Pot Accessories guide.
Does this Really Taste like a Big Mac?
This recipe does taste a lot like a Big Mac. If it’s one of your favorite foods to get from a fast food restaurant, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to see how easy it is to make a copycat version from scratch while you’re at home.
Can I double this recipe?
Yup – you sure can! The recipe is for 1 Big Mac burger so feel free to double or quadruple the recipe. When you go to cook the patties, you may need to use more than one trivet to cook the patties.
How to Store Leftovers
Wrap your burgers in aluminum foil and place them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh. You can store your burgers for up to three days. It’s better to refrigerate the burgers before assembling the sandwiches if you’re planning to eat them later to prevent the bun from getting soft and soggy.
Side Dishes to Make
My go to side option for burgers is fries! But, if you aren’t in the mood for fries, you can try some of these delicious side dishes instead.
Instant Pot Big Mac Burgers
Make this copycat Big Mac burger at home in your Instant Pot! It doesn't get any easier than this.
- 2 Quarter pound beef patties
- 1 Sesame seed bun plus bottom of another bun
- 4 dill pickle chips
- 1 Tablespoon of diced onion
- 1/4 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon thousand island dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
1. Season beef patties with salt and pepper on both sides. Wrap in aluminum foil.
2. Place beef patties on trivet inside instant pot. Add a cup of water to
instant pot and close. Set the pressure valve to close. Pressure cook on
high for 10 minutes.
3. When finished, open the pressure valve to release being careful not to burn your fingers.
4. Remove patties from aluminum.
5. Mix thousand island dressing with mustard and spread on the bottom bun.
6. Spring some diced onions and lettuce, then place the cheese.
7. Place the first patty on the cheese and add second bottom bun.
8. Spread sauce mixture on bun, sprinkle onions and lettuce.
9. Place 3-4 dill pickle chips followed by second beef patty.
10. Top with the top sesame seed bun and serve with your favorite side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 burger plus bun
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 216gSaturated Fat: 84gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 102gCholesterol: 908mgSodium: 4000mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 283g