Are you looking for another easy dinner recipe that you can whip up in your Instant Pot? If so, you’re going to love this Instant Pot Spaghetti Meat Sauce. Not only does it taste great but it’s literally ready in an instant.
In our household, spaghetti is a big deal. And honestly, what’s not to love? It’s the perfect recipe to be able to fill our bellies full of hearty and delicious food but also have a bit of fun with the slurping of the noodles as well. Some people eat their spaghetti different ways but one thing that we can all agree on is that we really do love this delicious Instant Pot Spaghetti Meat Sauce.
If you have just about 15 minutes of time, you have more than enough time to create this homemade sauce and noodle dish. It’s a quick way to add some extra protein to the spaghetti and also a lot of great flavors and taste, too.
What is Instant Pot Spaghetti Meat Sauce?
This easy instant pot spaghetti recipe is just like it sounds. It’s a one-pot recipe that cooks up an epic meal for everyone to enjoy. It’s your meat sauce and your noodles all in one and it’s ready to eat in a instant.
The settings of the Instant Pot allow you to really zone in and create a dish where the noodles are perfectly cooked, where they won’t stick together, and where the meat and sauce accompany it perfectly as well. This recipe is a favorite for our family during our busy weeknight schedules.
Instant Pot Spaghetti ingredients
To make this easy Instant Pot dinner, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Ground beef
- Stewed tomatoes
- Sweet onion
- Minced garlic
- Ground oregano
- Sweet basil
- Brown sugar
- Italian seasoning
- Spaghetti noodles
Ground Beef – We use 80/20 beef for this recipe because it’s less fat content but you can use whatever type works best for your family. Have frozen ground beef? No worries! You can easily thaw your ground beef in the instant pot!
Stewed tomatoes – You can find these in a can in your local grocery store but if you have issues, diced tomatoes would also be a good substitute option as well.
Sweet onion– The addition of the onion brings a nice flavor to this dish. We look sweet onion the best but purple onions could work well, too.
Minced garlic – This is going to be in a jar at your grocery store. Sometimes it’s near the deli area or on a shelf with the salads and vegetables.
Ground Oregano – Just a little bit of this spice goes a long way.
Sweet basil – Such a fun addition to the dish to just give it a tad bit more sweetness. While this spice is great, you can always change or omit any spices that you don’t have or don’t want to use.
Brown sugar – This can be left out as well but it does add another level of flavor to this one-pot spaghetti and meat sauce.
Italian seasoning – If you have to omit any spices, don’t let it be this one. This is what really gives it that delicious Italian taste and flavor.
Spaghetti noodles – Grab a package from the shelf of your grocery store. For this recipe, you’re going to want the spaghetti noodles and not other types.
Butter – This helps to keep the noodles from sticking and adds some creaminess as well. You could use some coconut oil instead if you want.
How to make Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti
Start by turning your Instant Pot to SAUTE setting and add in the butter. Once the butter is melted, add in your chopped onion and saute until translucent and fragrant.
Next, add in the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
Add in your hamburger meat and cook until there is no pink, which will take about 5 minutes or so. Once done, turn off the SAUTE setting.
Open the spaghetti noodles and take out a few pieces at a time, breaking them in half and add them to the Instant Pot. Add in the stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, and brown sugar. Press the spaghetti noodles down into the sauce. Press the MANUAL button and set the time to 6 minutes.
When the Instant Pot is done cooking, it will beep and go to OFF. With a potholder, turn the pressure valve to “VENTING’, doing a “quick release” and release the pressure.
When all the pressure has been released and the float valve has dropped down, remove the lid and stir the spaghetti and meat sauce.
Plate the spaghetti and meat sauce and top with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
What to serve with your easy Instant Pot Spaghetti
Having a simple side salad is always a great option to serve with your spaghetti. You can also add a side of steamed veggies or even make up a quick batch of garlic bread as well. You can try these easy side dishes:
How to Store Instant Pot Spaghetti
Storing it in your fridge in a glass container with a lid is the best option. That way it is easy to reheat and you won’t have to worry about the sauce staining up any type of plastic container that you have.
This easy instant pot dinner will be good in the fridge for up to a week. Reheat in the microwave or in a skillet on the stove.
Can you freeze Instant Pot Spaghetti?
You can. Just simply add it to a freezer-safe container and stick it in your freezer. It should last for several months without worry. To reheat, simply un-thaw the container in the fridge and reheat the leftovers in the microwave.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large can of stewed tomatoes - 28 ounce
- 1 large can of tomato sauce - 15 - 16 ounces
- 2 cups water
- 1 large sweet onion - chopped
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon of sweet basil
- 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 pound of Spaghetti
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Turn on the Instant pot to the SAUTE setting, and add the butter. When the butter melts, add the chopped onion, and saute until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic, and cook for about a minute. Add in the hamburger and cook until no pink remains - about 5 minutes. Turn off the Saute setting.
- Open the Spaghetti, and take out a few pieces at a time, and break them in half, adding them to the Instant Pot. Add the Stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, and brown sugar.
- Stir the Spaghetti into the sauce, and push it down, so that it's covered in the sauce.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks. Make sure the pressure valve is set to 'SEALING', and press the MANUAL button, and set the time to 6 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, it will beep and go to OFF. With a pot holder, turn the pressure valve to 'VENTING', doing a 'quick release' and release the pressure.
- When all the pressure has been released, and the float valve has dropped down, remove the lid, and stir the Spaghetti and meat sauce.
- Plate the Spaghetti and meat sauce, and top with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately. ENJOY!
See posts for storage instructions.
Like this post? Be sure to PIN IT for later!