Make a delicious pasta dish with ease when following this Instant Pot Bacon Carbonara recipe. The fulfilling meal tastes great when served with a side of crispy garlic bread or bread sticks. You are going to love this creamy Instant Post pasta recipe!
I remember my mom making carbonara pasta when I was younger. She would get a craving for this creamy pasta and would start pulling out pots and pans. I loved it when she made it and I love it now that I can make it for my family in my Instant Pot.
What Is Instant Pot Carbonara?
Instant pot carbonara is a flavorful pasta dish that consists of spaghetti noodles with several other ingredients, including fresh chopped bacon, Parmesan cheese, and butter. It is such a simple dish full of flavor that is perfect to have for lunch or dinner. If you enjoy pasta, cheese, and bacon, this is a fantastic recipe for you to try because it combines those three ingredients.
The thing that makes carbonara pasta unique are the eggs! That’s right – eggs! You use a fresh egg to make a simple pasta super creamy. The key is using the residual heat from the newly cooked pasta to cook the egg. It sounds intimidating, but it’s actually really simple to make.
Bacon Carbonara Ingredients
You will need several important ingredients to make this type of Instant Pot pasta. The ingredients needed include:
- Spaghetti Noodles. Use any brand of spaghetti noodles that you have available. You can use angel hair or even fettuccine noodles here as well.
- Butter. Divide two tablespoons of butter.
- Bacon. Use about five slices of bacon chopped up into smaller pieces.
- Minced Garlic. Add more flavor to your dish by using minced garlic. You can use a garlic press to get the perfect consistency.
- Shredded Parmesan. Do not forget the Parmesan cheese! It goes great with the pasta and bacon.
You will also need oil, egg, and pepper to complete this dish. As you can tell, you will not need to have too many ingredients to make this amazing recipe. You may already have most or all of these ingredients at home.
How to Make Carbonara Pasta in the Instant Pot
Step One: Break spaghetti noodles in half and place in instant pot layered and crossed. Add water until noodles completely submerged. Close lid, seal pressure valve, and pressure cook on high for 7 minutes. When finished, manually release the pressure.
Step Two: Drain the noodles saving 1/2 cup of noodle water. Set noodles aside.
Step Three: Set instant pot to sauté and add oil. When oil is hot, sauté the bacon until crispy.
Step Four: Add garlic and butter and sauté until butter is melted.
Step Five: Cancel the instant pot from sauté mode and add pasta stirring it in.
Step Six: In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and Parmesan. Slowly stir egg and cheese mixture in so that the egg does not scramble. Add the noodle water and stir well.
Step Seven: Garnish with pepper and serve
Stove top Instructions
Want to make this on the stove top? Try this easy pasta carbonara recipe.
Side dish recommendations
How to Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers of the Instant Pot Bacon Carbonara, use food storage containers to keep the pasta sealed and fresh. You can place it in the container with the lid attached and put the pasta in the fridge. Reheat your leftovers within three days. If you do not eat the Instant Pot Bacon Carbonara within three days of putting it in your refrigerator, it may start to go bad.
Can I Freeze It?
It is entirely possible to freeze the Instant Pot Bacon Carbonara if you need to keep it longer than three days after preparing it. When freezing, the pasta dish does last a lot longer. You can keep it in your freezer for up to four months before you should remove it and let it defrost. There are different ways to reheat the pasta after it defrosts. You might want to reheat it in the microwave, oven, or air fryer when you want to serve it again.
Other Instant Pot Pasta Recipes to Try
If you end up preparing this Instant Pot Bacon Carbonara recipe and fall in love with it, make sure you check out several other tasty Instant Pot pasta recipes. These recipes are surely worth a try:
- 8 oz of spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons of butter divided
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 5 slices of bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1. Break spaghetti noodles in half and place in instant pot layered and crossed. Add water until noodles completely submerged. Close lid, seal pressure valve and pressure cook on high for 7 minutes. When finished, manually release the pressure.
2. Drain the noodles saving 1/2 cup of noodle water. Set noodles aside.
3. Set instant pot to sauté and add oil. When oil is hot, sauté the bacon until crispy.
4. Add garlic and butter and sauté until butter is melted.
5. Cancel the instant pot from sauté mode and add pasta stirring it in.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and Parmesan. Slowly stir egg and cheese mixture in so that the egg does not scramble. Add the noodle water and stir well.
7. Garnish with pepper and serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 648mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g
Love this easy Instant Pot dinner? Save it for later!